Saturday, September 24, 2011

my ordinary life

     So, I've never been much of a writer... in fact I've never been good at really expressing myself in any way so this is going to be an interesting feat.  I've labeled my blog as ordinary, which I think is a perfect description of my life as I will explain in this first post.

     I've grown up in a good, middle of the road family.  Sure, we had our issues, everyone does, but in the end I knew I was loved and cared for.  I wasn't a spoiled child, but I can't remember not getting anything that I really wanted.  In reality I didn't want a lot.  I loved spending time outside, in the fresh air, doing almost anything.  Running around with no shoes on, riding my bike as fast as I possibly could around my block, and catching lightning bugs at dusk in the summer.... these are some of my favorite childhood memories.  Nothing spectacular, just ordinary.
     I always loved school, I liked learning about new things... I was kinda weird.  Sometimes things came easy for me, other times they didn't, but I was able to do fairly well in school.  My parents always held education as a high priority and it rubbed off on me, but I'm ok with that.  Not a genius, just ordinary.
     This next part is one that has caused me some of the greatest heartache, and also greatest joys.....  friends.  I consider myself a shy person, or maybe reserved is a better word.  Even though with this depiction of myself, I found that I had an easy time making friends growing up.  I have a easy going, even tempered, and loyal personality, but the older I get, the pickier I am about who I let into my life.  I try to be a real person, open and honest with who I am, and if I see falseness in others, I run away.  Not popular, just ordinary.
     I have some talents, but I am in no way a professional or perfect at any of them, and all took lots of practice.  I like art and almost anything about it.  I paint, draw, in general I just like to create.  I like to sing, and I wish I was more musically talented in areas, but I'll settle for being friends with those who are.  I like competition and athletics, so I am decent at shooting a basket and hitting a ball.  Not gifted, just ordinary.

     I just embarked on a new journey in my life.  Moved to a new town for a new job.  I am unknown to anyone in the area.  It's both a scary and exciting time.  I can reinvent myself.  I can become extraordinary if I wanted.    This is a blog of my journey.  I came as an ordinary girl, maybe I'll stay that way, maybe something will change me.... in the end.... well, we'll see what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment